Staubach’s First Miracle Ranked #8 Comeback of All Time
In light of the Dallas Maverick’s comeback win over Miami in game 2 of the NBA Finals, NFL.com posted its video for Top 10 Comebacks of All-Time.
Roger Staubach had to make the list, of course. His first miracle was ranked #8. This was the 1972 divisional playoffs in which Dallas trailed San Francisco 28-13 in the fourth quarter. Dallas still trailed 28-16 with less than two minutes left, but touchdown passes from Staubach to Billy Parks and Ron Sellers gave Dallas an improbable 30-28 win.
The complete list:
10. 1989: 49ers def. Eagles, 38-28, after trailing 21-10 in 4th quarter.
9. 1980: 49ers def. Saints, 38-35 (OT), after trailing 35-7 at the half.
8. 1972: Cowboys def. 49ers, 30-28.
7. 2006: Bears def. Cardinals after trailing 20-0 at halftime.
6. 2000: Jets def. Dolphins, 40-37, after trailing 30-7 in 4th quarter.
5. 2003: Colts def. Buccaneers by scoring final 24 points.
4. 2002: 49ers def. Giants, 39-38. Um, enough with the 49ers.
3. 1957: Lions def. 49ers, 31-27. Um, enough with the 49ers. Please.
2. 2010: Eagles def. Giants, 38-31.
1. 1992: Buffalo def. Houston, 41-38 (OT).
* * *
In another story, Tony Romo is the #9 undrafted player of all time.
And he got married last weekend. Terezowens got the pictures posted before I could.