Several Former Cowboys Noted as Hall of Famers in a Different Color
Several members of the Hall of Fame have joined the Cowboys after having successful careers elsewhere. Conversely, some members of the Cowboys have left Dallas to play for other teams.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame ran a list of players who changed teams late in their careers. Several Cowboys appear, including:
- Herb Adderley, who left Green Bay to play his final three seasons with Dallas.
- Forrest Gregg, who played briefly in Dallas after a long career with the Packers.
- Lance Alworth, who played in Dallas for two years.
- Mike Ditka, who caught a touchdown pass in Super Bowl VI.
- Tony Dorsett, who played in Denver after a great career in Dallas.
- Bob Hayes, who played in four games with San Francisco.
Anyone notice that a certain player is missing from this list? A certain running back? A certain running back who set the NFL rushing mark for a career? A certain running back who ended his career in Arizona?
Kind of an oversight, I’d say.