Here are some trivia questions focusing on Dallas quarterbacks of the 1960s
1. In which two sports did Don Meredith star in high school in Mount Vernon, Texas?
2. Which college did Eddie LaBaron attend before being drafted in the 10th round of the 1950 draft by the Washington Redskins?
3. What career had LaBaron planned to enter after retiring from the Redskins in 1959 (obviously before joining the Cowboys for the 1960 season)?
4. Which quarterback started the first win in franchise history, a 27-24 triumph over Pittsburgh in the opening week of the 1961 season?
5. True or False: Until Dallas had its first .500 season in 1965, neither Don Meredith nor Eddie LeBaron ever threw more touchdown passes than interceptions in a season.
6. How was Don Meredith injured during training camp in 1965, which hindered his performance for much of the season?
7. After a 24-17 loss to Cleveland in 1965, Dallas Morning News writer Gary Cartwright wrote the following. Fill in the last word:
Outlined against a grey November sky, the Four Horsemen rode again Sunday.
You know them: Pestilence, death, famine and __________.
8. In the 1966 NFL Championship Game, with the Cowboys trailing 34-20, who did Meredith hit for a 68-yard touchdown pass to pull within seven points?
9. True or False: Don Meredith’s last pass in the NFL was a pass that was intercepted by Cleveland’s Ben Davis in the second half of the Cowboys’ 31-20 loss to the Browns in the 1968 NFL playoffs.
10. True or False: Craig Morton threw for more yards in his first season as starter in 1969 than in any season that he played for the Cowboys.